Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2016

A Day's Delay

     We spent October 2nd trying to get our tire checked and trying to find treatment for my poison ivy.  I have been suffering with a blistering rash all over the back of my left leg for about 10 days now.  We have tried Calamine lotion, Tecnu Extreme medicated poison ivy scrub, Tecnu medicated anti-itch spray, cold cloths, and cleansing wipes with only minimal and temporary relief.  The pain and itching has driven me (and consequently Mark, too) a little crazy. Instead of getting better it has continued to get worse.  We couldn't locate any open urgent care nearby and almost resorted to going to the emergency room at the closest hospital, but then I remembered an email I had received about mdlive.com.  After a LOT of technical difficulty due to poor internet access, I was finally able to talk to a real live doctor and get a prescription for prednisone.  Hopefully that will cure me!  He also recommended using hydrocortisone 1% cream.      We are going to spend the night at Kaladhin Shadows Campground in Medway so that Mark can get the tire checked tomorrow since nothing was open today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment